Can not connect to LV2009 SP1

Hello,

I am having problems trying to get VIPM to establish a connections with 2009 SP1. Everything appears to be setup correctly, Port #, etc.. VIPM will start Labview but it times out when trying to test the connection. This is a new installation of LV 2009 SP1 on a new laptop.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Eldon Zacek

• 1 month later...
Can you attach a screenshot of your LabVIEW VI Server Options?

Sorry for the delay in getting you this info. It is a client's PC that is having problems and they have been busy for the last few weeks. I am also trying

to fix this over the phone. The client can not put this laptop on the network due to company policies.

I have attached the screen shots you requested and tried a few other things today.

Under "Tools->Options", I had him click on "Edit Port". He then clicked on "Test" and LabView launched to the "Getting Started" dialog. VIPM then

proceed to wait for the time out to expire. I had him leave LabView up and click on the "Test" button" VPIM detected LabView. I had him click

on the "Quit LabView" button. LabView shutdown and restarted. VPIM then proceeded to wait for the time out period.

Any suggestions?

I need to get this laptop functional so he can compile the code that I have supplied him.

Thank you,

Eldon

screen_capture_1.bmp

screen_capture_2.bmp

Hi Eldon,

Your VI Server settings look to be OK.

I did noticed from your screenshots that you're running McAfee software. Please try turning off all firewall and Internet security software. These can block VIPM's ability to communicate with LabVIEW.

Please let me know if that works.

Thanks,

-Jim

• 1 month later...

A small check is to run the accompanying snippet:

Example_VI_BD.png

If you get an error here, the problem is not in LabVIEW.

I got error 1379 and I read on the NI forums that I needed to install logos.msi from the labview instrument driver CD.

Maybe VIPM can explicitly check for this part.

I got LabVIEW to install without NI Logos because I only installed the LabVIEW download DVD without the device drivers.

Ton

• 1 month later...
Hi Eldon,

Your VI Server settings look to be OK.

I did noticed from your screenshots that you're running McAfee software. Please try turning off all firewall and Internet security software. These can block VIPM's ability to communicate with LabVIEW.

Please let me know if that works.

Thanks,

-Jim

Finally caught back up with the client. After he disabled the firewalls, the installation proceeded normally.

Thanks for the help!

Eldon Zacek

Archived