No Packages Listed

I installed LabView Runtime 8.2.1, then I installed VPIM 3.0. But VPIM lists no packages. It says: "packages filtere out beccause you do not have LabVIEW version registered. Use Edit>LabVIEW Vesion Registration". But there is no such menu selection in VPIM. System requirements for VPIM lists only Labview runtime.

What is wrong?

How do I get VPIM packages to be listed?

I installed LabView Runtime 8.2.1, then I installed VPIM 3.0. But VPIM lists no packages. It says: "packages filtere out beccause you do not have LabVIEW version registered. Use Edit>LabVIEW Vesion Registration". But there is no such menu selection in VPIM. System requirements for VPIM lists only Labview runtime.

What is wrong?

How do I get VPIM packages to be listed?

Sorry if this is a little confusing (we've worked really hard to make the next, upcoming VIPM 2010 release handle this automatically).

You need to go into the VIPM Options dialog (Tools >> Options) and on the LabVIEW page you'll find the necessary settings. There is some documentation, here:

http://jkisoft.com/vipm/docs/3.0/index.htm...nmanagement.htm

Let me know if this works for you.

Thanks,

Sorry if this is a little confusing (we've worked really hard to make the next, upcoming VIPM 2010 release handle this automatically).

You need to go into the VIPM Options dialog (Tools >> Options) and on the LabVIEW page you'll find the necessary settings. There is some documentation, here:

http://jkisoft.com/vipm/docs/3.0/index.htm...nmanagement.htm

Let me know if this works for you.

Thanks,

"I installed LabView Runtime 8.2.1, then I installed VPIM 3.0."

When I installed LabVIEW Runtime 8.2.1, no LabVIEW.exe is installed with it.

The VPIM 3.0 > Tools > Options > LabVIEW > Add New wants me to find a Labview.exe file on my machine, but there is no such file installed with the LabView Runtime 8.2.1.

I see many files installed in C:\Program Files\National Instruments\Shared\LabVIEW Run-Time\8.2, but no LabVIEW.exe anywhere.

Where can I get the file that VPIM 3.0 requires?

Why does VPIM 3.0 require a file that is not in LabVIEW Runtime 8.2.1 ?

"I installed LabView Runtime 8.2.1, then I installed VPIM 3.0."

When I installed LabVIEW Runtime 8.2.1, no LabVIEW.exe is installed with it.

The VPIM 3.0 > Tools > Options > LabVIEW > Add New wants me to find a Labview.exe file on my machine, but there is no such file installed with the LabView Runtime 8.2.1.

I see many files installed in C:\Program Files\National Instruments\Shared\LabVIEW Run-Time\8.2, but no LabVIEW.exe anywhere.

Where can I get the file that VPIM 3.0 requires?

Why does VPIM 3.0 require a file that is not in LabVIEW Runtime 8.2.1 ?

Do you have the LabVIEW development environment installed? You can find out more about how to get LabVIEW here. You can also get a 30day trial here.

If you already have it installed then the LabVIEW.exe would be located in: C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW x.x (where x.x is the LabVIEW version number)

However, this is not necessary. After you install LabVIEW, restart VIPM and then you should see your LabVIEW version listed in the LabVIEW Options Page of VIPM. Just enable it at that point.

Do you have the LabVIEW development environment installed? You can find out more about how to get LabVIEW here. You can also get a 30day trial here.

If you already have it installed then the LabVIEW.exe would be located in: C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW x.x (where x.x is the LabVIEW version number)

However, this is not necessary. After you install LabVIEW, restart VIPM and then you should see your LabVIEW version listed in the LabVIEW Options Page of VIPM. Just enable it at that point.

I thought that VPIM did not need the LabVIEW product to be installed, only the LabVIEW runtime. I installed the LabVIEW runtime as VPIM instructed. Why wasn't this sufficient. Is the VPIM instructions in error about this?

I thought that VPIM did not need the LabVIEW product to be installed, only the LabVIEW runtime. I installed the LabVIEW runtime as VPIM instructed. Why wasn't this sufficient. Is the VPIM instructions in error about this?

The VIPM product is an application that manages your reuse libraries and add-on's for LabVIEW. If you don't want (or need) to install LabVIEW then I'm not sure why you would install VIPM? What is your current requirement? What are you trying to do with VIPM? I think there is a misunderstanding on the current features and capabilities of VIPM.

If you can explain, I will try to help as best I can.

The VIPM product is an application that manages your reuse libraries and add-on's for LabVIEW. If you don't want (or need) to install LabVIEW then I'm not sure why you would install VIPM? What is your current requirement? What are you trying to do with VIPM? I think there is a misunderstanding on the current features and capabilities of VIPM.

If you can explain, I will try to help as best I can.

Under Software Requirements for the VPIM 3.0 install, it lists the LabVIEW Runtime. It includes a link to install the LabVIEW Runtime. If you follow the link and download and install the LabVIEW Runtime, then VPIM 3.0 will install and run. But it won't do anything useful because the LabVIEW product is not installed. The implication in the Software Requirements was that only the LabVIEW Runtime was required to install and use the VPIM. This does not seem to be correct.

I was hoping that I could use VPIM to view the contents of LabVIEW packages and that I could do this without the need for the LabVIEW product to be installed on the same machine. It seems that the VPIM blocks this usage of the product.

Under Software Requirements for the VPIM 3.0 install, it lists the LabVIEW Runtime. It includes a link to install the LabVIEW Runtime. If you follow the link and download and install the LabVIEW Runtime, then VPIM 3.0 will install and run. But it won't do anything useful because the LabVIEW product is not installed. The implication in the Software Requirements was that only the LabVIEW Runtime was required to install and use the VPIM. This does not seem to be correct.

I was hoping that I could use VPIM to view the contents of LabVIEW packages and that I could do this without the need for the LabVIEW product to be installed on the same machine. It seems that the VPIM blocks this usage of the product.

VIPM does not currently have a package contents viewing feature. It provides installation of packages into LabVIEW. And the building of packages.

However, if all you want to do is look inside a VI package. You can do this by opening the package with any unzip program.

I don't think that anyone mentioned this yet...

In the VIPM options dialog (Tools > Options menu) in the General page there is a setting called "Show only Installable Packages". If you uncheck this option, you should be able to see a list of all the VI Packages available.

Thanks,

Archived