State Machine vs State Machine

jgcode

Howdy guys!

I have a few quick questions that relate to Justin's presentation and the JKI State Machine in general (and one question on internet cats too):

1. Would it be possible to post the Power Supply Project Library example from NI Week? It appears in the slides but I don't recall discussion on it (in depth anyway). I am interested in seeing the implementation of Public vs Private events for a Module. Maybe it is possible to discuss the Private Event use cases here? - Does the Module act as the sole subscriber to a separate set of events, if so why not just queue them etc...?

2. How do you like to send messages to your JKI State Machine? Obviously via events, but do you send individual events per message (like the events sent out from the State Machine) or do you just like to send in State strings (both use cases wrapped in subVIs to form a Public API for protection of course) as per the example in this thread. I have used both in the past, but am wondering if you have any pros/cons to share of one over the other?

Much appreciated, look forward to your reply.

Regards

-Jon

Hello Jim,

Yes it would be really great if Justin could put the POWER SUPPLY code available for download. It is not enough to read Justin's presentation to understand this design pattern. Please, share this example.

thanks

Helcio

Howdy guys!

I have a few quick questions that relate to Justin's presentation and the JKI State Machine in general (and one question on internet cats too):

1. Would it be possible to post the Power Supply Project Library example from NI Week? It appears in the slides but I don't recall discussion on it (in depth anyway). I am interested in seeing the implementation of Public vs Private events for a Module. Maybe it is possible to discuss the Private Event use cases here? - Does the Module act as the sole subscriber to a separate set of events, if so why not just queue them etc...?

2. How do you like to send messages to your JKI State Machine? Obviously via events, but do you send individual events per message (like the events sent out from the State Machine) or do you just like to send in State strings (both use cases wrapped in subVIs to form a Public API for protection of course) as per the example in this thread. I have used both in the past, but am wondering if you have any pros/cons to share of one over the other?

Much appreciated, look forward to your reply.

Regards

-Jon

Does the Module act as the sole subscriber to a separate set of events....

Ok, no movement here maybe coz it was a dumb question? :)

Looking at the slide again I misread it: the Public API VIs + Get Private Events (must be a FGV?) are the events(messages) going in, The Pubic Events are the events going out (rather than both going out). Sorry.

Archived