Build process taking forever, how to troubleshoot

NJKirchner

I currently am building a package and the process is taking forever.

There are not a ridiculous number of files

Nothing seems to be specifically hung as I can still manipulate the windows and the processor usage between LV and VIPM is varying as if it is active and not in some deadlock.

Is there any debug log that I might be able to tap into to determine what exactly the system is doing or at what point it stalls?

'Preparing Source Distribution' is the current status of the builder window.

Windows 7

LV 2009 SP1

VIPM 2010

Sending directory wouldn't be too helpful due to RF driver dependencies (unless y'all are willing to install those to test)

I appreciate whatever help you've got. Wasted a day so far trying to get this build going.

I currently am building a package and the process is taking forever.

There are not a ridiculous number of files

Nothing seems to be specifically hung as I can still manipulate the windows and the processor usage between LV and VIPM is varying as if it is active and not in some deadlock.

Is there any debug log that I might be able to tap into to determine what exactly the system is doing or at what point it stalls?

'Preparing Source Distribution' is the current status of the builder window.

Windows 7

LV 2009 SP1

VIPM 2010

Sending directory wouldn't be too helpful due to RF driver dependencies (unless y'all are willing to install those to test)

I appreciate whatever help you've got. Wasted a day so far trying to get this build going.

Hey Norm,

Ya, this one is probably tough to debug, but we'll try to help.

You can take a look at this file while the build is happening:

%Temp%\VIPB Temp\VI Package Builder.log

Also, I can chat with you off-line about more ways we can debug this.

Thanks,

-Jim

I had isolated the issue down to some files that were in the directory structure, but not a dependency of the project. The only thing unique about these un used sub-vi is that they used the digital filter design toolkit.

Once I removed them, the package built in normal time.

Attached are those files should you choose to experiment with just them until I can get the rest of the files gathered up

Composite_Filter_DFT.zip

Also, I had forgot to mention, that 'eventually' (hours later) the package process finally ended w/ a linker method error, which I erroneously forgot to save data from. If there is a persistent log, I'll retrieve it and post here as per your instructions

I had isolated the issue down to some files that were in the directory structure, but not a dependency of the project. The only thing unique about these un used sub-vi is that they used the digital filter design toolkit.

Once I removed them, the package built in normal time.

Attached are those files should you choose to experiment with just them until I can get the rest of the files gathered up

Composite_Filter_DFT.zip

Also, I had forgot to mention, that 'eventually' (hours later) the package process finally ended w/ a linker method error, which I erroneously forgot to save data from. If there is a persistent log, I'll retrieve it and post here as per your instructions

Great! I'm glad your running again. I'll take a look at the attached VIs when I can find the time.

Archived