Issues with Astaro Security Gateway

lvb

I cannot use VIPM on a network with the Astaro Security Gateway. VIPM will not connect to anything and the gateway is responding with "Bad Request". If I type the location directly into a web browser there are no issues:

http://jkisoft.com/packages/SourceForgeMirrors.txt

I have attached the TCP stream associated with an attempt to download the mirrors.

Any help would be appreciated.

vipm_error.html

Sorry for the trouble.

I suspect you are using a Proxy Server. Have you taken a look at this page?

How do I configure VIPM to use a proxy server?

http://forums.jkisoft.com/index.php?showtopic=26

Please let me know if this helps.

Also, you might want to see if an IT person can help troubleshoot the issue. These network connectivity issues can be tricky.

Thanks,

-Jim

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry for the trouble.

I suspect you are using a Proxy Server. Have you taken a look at this page?

How do I configure VIPM to use a proxy server?

http://forums.jkisoft.com/index.php?showtopic=26

Please let me know if this helps.

Also, you might want to see if an IT person can help troubleshoot the issue. These network connectivity issues can be tricky.

Thanks,

-Jim

Well, I tried multiple solutions including the page referenced above and nothing seems to work except bypassing the firewall. However, for packages on the sourceforge network, every possible sub-domain would have to be manually added as the Astaro gateway does not support wildcards. Any other suggestions? I have attached the error message below when attempting the proxy server.

Regards,

1. Main Package Name: oglib_error v2.3-2

Package Name with Error: oglib_error v2.3-2

Error Message: VIPM could not download the package oglib_error-2.3-2 from the remote server.

Error Code: 42

Error Source: (http response "") 530D4EA822B9C380B890E7A6FF4563F0 in B434E01F39B48C60A0E5562FF4D214C9 -> 9EF580CDEC406FCDF848872CC3AE688F -> 87D287C50204FFFF9E1143AA7618D099.lvlib:2807443DD814CA1DB9B3E638F4B0EE5C -> 12A5D96B616E04B2F894B0578D062B75 -> VIPM Main Window.vi

Well, I tried multiple solutions including the page referenced above and nothing seems to work except bypassing the firewall. However, for packages on the sourceforge network, every possible sub-domain would have to be manually added as the Astaro gateway does not support wildcards. Any other suggestions? I have attached the error message below when attempting the proxy server.

The best work-around that I can suggest would be for you to pick a few of your most favorite sourceforge mirrors and add them as firewall exceptions. Then, configure VIPM to use those as the preferred mirrors.

Thanks,

The best work-around that I can suggest would be for you to pick a few of your most favorite sourceforge mirrors and add them as firewall exceptions. Then, configure VIPM to use those as the preferred mirrors.

Thanks,

It seems the mirrors are not all up to date. I attempted to do this using easynews, but this mirror returns "Moved Permanently" and re-directs to cdnetworks-us-1.dl.sourceforge.net or cdnetworks-us-2.dl.sourceforge.net. I don't see either of these listed in the VIPM options for mirrors.

What is the best single mirror to use on sourceforge that will contain all VIPM packages?

It seems the mirrors are not all up to date. I attempted to do this using easynews, but this mirror returns "Moved Permanently" and re-directs to cdnetworks-us-1.dl.sourceforge.net or cdnetworks-us-2.dl.sourceforge.net. I don't see either of these listed in the VIPM options for mirrors.

What is the best single mirror to use on sourceforge that will contain all VIPM packages?

Thanks for reporting the issue with the SF mirrors not all being up-to-date. As you can imagine, it's a bit of a cat and mouse game trying to keep up with any changes. Of course, it would be ideal if JKI could figure out a way to automate keeping the list up to date...

There really isn't a single mirror that's best (except for maybe SF's main download server that all the mirrors replicate from, but I don't recall the exact details about that this "mirror" name is). All mirrors should contain all the VIPM packages (that are hosted by SF, such as OpenG). So, if you find one that works and has reasonably good download speed to your corporate network (which can vary depending on your network location on the Internet), then that's what I would go with.

Another option, altogether, would be for you to set up your own VIPM Enterprise Package Repository and, on your VIPM Clients located on your corporate network, disable (in the VIPM Options dialog) the connection to the VI Package Network. Then, have each of your VIPM Clients connect to your corporate package repository where you would make all the OpenG and other packages available to your corporate users.

Archived