Palette items vanish

Mellroth

Hi,

I'm editing the palettes of a new package, and in doing this I move a lot of icons around to get a layout I like.

The problem I'm facing is that sometimes when I drop an icon it just vanishes.

My solution is to insert the missing VI again, but it is not always that easy to remember the exact file name (I tend to go by the icons).

The work-around only partly solves the missing item since the item is still there occupying a palette location, but hidden :) .

In the attached picture I have dropped a VI in a palette spot and it vanished, but when I try to add the file manually the contextual menu is displayed like if I clicked an existing item... It is also possible to move this invisible item around in the palette.

post-2791-1283415982.jpg

/J

Interesting... BTW, I think you're the first person to report this issue. Can you please post your VIPM error log file (C:\ProgramData\JKI\VIPM\error)

Are you able to easily reproduce the bug?

Does this happen to any/all VIs or does it only happen to a particular VI?

Can you identify any patterns to the behavior?

Thanks for your help,

-Jim

Interesting... BTW, I think you're the first person to report this issue. Can you please post your VIPM error log file (C:\ProgramData\JKI\VIPM\error)

Are you able to easily reproduce the bug?

Does this happen to any/all VIs or does it only happen to a particular VI?

Can you identify any patterns to the behavior?

Thanks for your help,

-Jim

Jippie, I'm first at something :)

I'll post the log-file in the morning, when I'm back in the office.

I cannot really say I can reproduce the bug, but I saw it quite frequently while editing these palettes. It happened with more than one icon, and on more than one palette in the hierarchy. It also happend when I dropped an item from another palette.

At first I believed that I had dropped the icon between two other icons, but I was never able to force the icon to disappear in that way.

I have not seen a pattern so far but now that I'm aware of it, I'll keep my eyes open.

Additionally, it is not possible for me to post the VIs I'm trying to build but it is basically an instrument driver API build as a LVclass.

/J

there was no error log for September 02, the last log file I could find was the one related to the Read-only problem.

OK, then it seems this little bug is going to be a tricky one to track down. Let us know if you're able to see a pattern and we'll keep our eye out for it on our end.

Thanks!

Archived