Limit package by lvproj

Mellroth

I thought I had already suggested this, but as I couldn't find that post I'll just add a new one.

What I'm proposing is that VIPM should be able to limit the included files to the files that are linked from a lvproj.

In my case I have a lvproj where all my currently used files are included, but on disk there are still some old junk that I will remove later.

While trying to make a package VIPM complains about missing files, in this case in a folder that is deleted. Looking in my lvproj dependencies I cannot see any links to this file in that folder, but on disk there is another old file that uses VIs from the missing folder.

If VIPM could limit the included files to a lvproj view this would be no issue

/J

I thought I had already suggested this, but as I couldn't find that post I'll just add a new one.

What I'm proposing is that VIPM should be able to limit the included files to the files that are linked from a lvproj.

In my case I have a lvproj where all my currently used files are included, but on disk there are still some old junk that I will remove later.

While trying to make a package VIPM complains about missing files, in this case in a folder that is deleted. Looking in my lvproj dependencies I cannot see any links to this file in that folder, but on disk there is another old file that uses VIs from the missing folder.

If VIPM could limit the included files to a lvproj view this would be no issue

/J

This is a nice idea. We're looking at ways to more closely tie the VI Package Builder to the LabVIEW Project Environment. For now, if you exclude the broken VI (that is missing it's subVIs) from the build, this should resolve the build issue.

Thanks,

Archived