Install & uninstall buttons are flashing at high speed

Using VIPM Pro 3.0 (build 1280) for quite a while now, I have LV 8.2, 8.5 and 8.6 registered with OpenG packages and some home-made packages.

Now, when I open VIPM and then select any package in the list, the Install and Uninstall buttons start flashing at a very high speed and I can't do anything else than killing VIPM from the task manager (actually I have to go on the process and kill the entire tree).

A few things I have noticed and that might help :

- if I start VIPM and close it without selecting a package in the list (the check available packages on start up option is OFF), an error file is created in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\JKI\VIPM\error, see septembre_14_2010_a.txt,

- if I start VIPM and close it without selecting a package in the list (the check available packages on start up option is ON), an error file is created in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\JKI\VIPM\error, see septembre_14_2010_b.txt,

- if I start VIPM, then select a package in the list and then kill VIPM from task manager, an error file is created in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\JKI\VIPM\error, see septembre_14_2010_c.txt.

I also include my Settings File : Copy_of_Settings.txt.

Please help :-o

I'm back to a normal behaviour :)

I realized that one of my home-made package still had the MGI_General package in the list of its dependencies but in fact was not using it anymore (I removed some VIs of it but forgot to update the dependencies). I have now corrected that.

Is it possible that it was the root of the issue?

I'm back to a normal behaviour :)

I realized that one of my home-made package still had the MGI_General package in the list of its dependencies but in fact was not using it anymore (I removed some VIs of it but forgot to update the dependencies). I have now corrected that.

Is it possible that it was the root of the issue?

That's interesting to know. It's possible that was the issue. However VIPM should handle that situation better. :)

Archived