Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
TiTou

Install & uninstall buttons are flashing at high speed

Recommended Posts

Using VIPM Pro 3.0 (build 1280) for quite a while now, I have LV 8.2, 8.5 and 8.6 registered with OpenG packages and some home-made packages.

Now, when I open VIPM and then select any package in the list, the Install and Uninstall buttons start flashing at a very high speed and I can't do anything else than killing VIPM from the task manager (actually I have to go on the process and kill the entire tree).

 

A few things I have noticed and that might help :

 

- if I start VIPM and close it without selecting a package in the list (the check available packages on start up option is OFF), an error file is created in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\JKI\VIPM\error, see septembre_14_2010_a.txt,

 

- if I start VIPM and close it without selecting a package in the list (the check available packages on start up option is ON), an error file is created in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\JKI\VIPM\error, see septembre_14_2010_b.txt,

 

- if I start VIPM, then select a package in the list and then kill VIPM from task manager, an error file is created in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\JKI\VIPM\error, see septembre_14_2010_c.txt.

 

I also include my Settings File : Copy_of_Settings.txt.

 

Please help :-o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems there might be a problem with the MGI_General_VIs-3.7-18 package. You should go to your VIPM package cache and remove it from there for the LV version you are having problems with. Then restart VIPM. The cache is located at

 

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\JKI\VIPM\cache\LV x.x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm back to a normal behaviour :)

 

I realized that one of my home-made package still had the MGI_General package in the list of its dependencies but in fact was not using it anymore (I removed some VIs of it but forgot to update the dependencies). I have now corrected that.

Is it possible that it was the root of the issue?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I'm back to a normal behaviour :)

 

I realized that one of my home-made package still had the MGI_General package in the list of its dependencies but in fact was not using it anymore (I removed some VIs of it but forgot to update the dependencies). I have now corrected that.

Is it possible that it was the root of the issue?

That's interesting to know. It's possible that was the issue. However VIPM should handle that situation better. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.