Problem building a package containing an XControl

swalpole

I am using VI Package Mananger community edition 2010.0.1 (build 1581). I get a LabVIEW dialog with the following error message:

LabVIEW: Memory is full.

The top-level VI "VIPB.lvclass:VIPB - Main Window (Mike).vi" was stopped at unknown on the block diagram of "ZLIB Inflate__otk.vi".

Here are the steps I take to reproduce this:

1) Launch VI Package Manager

2) Click the "Show VI Package Builder" button

3) In VI Package Builder, click the "Open Package Project" button

4) Navigate to a folder containing an XControl (or a parent folder) and click "Current Folder"

5) When Scanning Project Folder..." text appears in bottom left of VI Package Builder, the "LabVIEW: Memory is full." error window appears. Clicking OK results in the VI Package Builder VI stopping.

I've attached the source code for the XControl (LabVIEW 8.2). I have not tried using a later version of LabVIEW. Please let me know if you need any additional information. Thanks,

Shawn Walpole

post-2975-0-93477400-1290109332_thumb.jpg

XControl Source.zip

Hey Shawn,

I was able to reproduce your issue and have a work-around. Try editing the icon of "MGI String Array Control.xctl" and see if you're then able to open the VI Package Sources in VIPM. [update: It was re-saving in LabVIEW 2009 that fixed the issue.]

Note: I traced the error to the VI that tries to decode the XControl's icon data (which is stored in the XML file as zipped binary). I'm not sure of the exact cause yet, but I'll look into it some more. [update: It seems that LabVIEW 8.2 doesn't zip the icon data. I'm going to look into how we can improve the parser.]

Thanks,

-Jim

Hey Shawn,

Actually, I take back what I said -- it seems that it was re-saving the XControl in LabVIEW 2009 that fixed the issue. So, I think there are two options:

1) Wait until this issue is fixed. I can probably get you a new, fixed build of VIPM, for testing purposes, soon.

2) Upgrade your XControl to LabVIEW 2009 (or possibly 8.5 or 8.6, but I don't have those installed right this second -- you can test and see if re-saving in either of these fixes the issue).

Thanks,

-Jim

Archived