Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
jgcode

[Bug?] Immediate Error when Manually Adding a Package

Recommended Posts

VIPM 2010.0.1 Professional

 

Each time I add a package manually to Package Dependencies (by clicking the plus) I get an immediate error (guessing that the default must fail a precheck).

Its not a show stopper, just annoying.

 

post-2618-0-07971000-1291633540_thumb.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cannot reproduce this. From your screenshot it appears that you might have a corrupt package database. I see "--" as the first package name in the list. This should not happen. The first item should be just the first package in the list.

 

Can you look at your package database folder for empty folder names with just "-" in them?

Located here: C:\ProgramData\JKI\VIPM\databases\LV 9.0

Delete them and try again.

 

If this is in fact the issue then, this is a known issue which is fixed in the next release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cannot reproduce this. From your screenshot it appears that you might have a corrupt package database. I see "--" as the first package name in the list. This should not happen. The first item should be just the first package in the list.

 

Can you look at your package database folder for empty folder names with just "-" in them?

Located here: C:\ProgramData\JKI\VIPM\databases\LV 9.0

Delete them and try again.

 

If this is in fact the issue then, this is a known issue which is fixed in the next release.

 

Hi Michael

 

This is repeatable this end (it happens each time I open the screen).

My LV9.0 Database, it contains no "" but what I did find in cache was a package named --.opg.

I deleted it, then VIPM required a reboot to fix the issue.

If you think its related to the known issue - what is the cause of it?

Also I don't see a Known Issue assigned to it here?

 

post-2618-0-05800000-1291720653_thumb.png

 

Thanks

-JG

Edited by jgcode

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, so the problem has been resolved by deleting this - -.ogp.

However, it would be great if you had saved that package (perhaps it's still in your recycle bin?). I'd like to know how that package got in there in the first place. We could look inside of it to figure it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.