All Packages gone from list

laurentm

Hi,

I have regurlarly updated VIPM over the years - community edition - and I have just installed VIPM 2010.0.1. This time though, all the packages already existing on my system are gone from the list. I redid the install to no avail... Am I missing something obvious here? I've been through the Help file, forum etc... having the packaged listed is always the first thing happening after network check... Any idea? Where does the local machine package list reside?

Thx

Laurent :unsure:

Hi,

I have regurlarly updated VIPM over the years - community edition - and I have just installed VIPM 2010.0.1. This time though, all the packages already existing on my system are gone from the list. I redid the install to no avail... Am I missing something obvious here? I've been through the Help file, forum etc... having the packaged listed is always the first thing happening after network check... Any idea? Where does the local machine package list reside?

Thx

Laurent :unsure:

Do you have a valid LabVIEW version and "All" selected for your quick filter (in VIPM's toolbar)?

3-18-2011 4-52-14 PM.png

If you don't have these set right, your package list will get filtered out and not show any packages.

-Jim

Thanks for following up.

Yes, the filter was off, that is on "All" and the right LV version was selected, I have 7.1 | 8.01 | 8.5.1 | 8.6 |2009 SP1 on the machine, never had trouble with this in the past... Maybe I spaced out...

Here is the error log:

=========== START of VIPM Error Message ===========

An internal VIPM Error has occured on: Friday March 18, 2011 at 09:54:26 AM

= Automated Message Start =

Error 91 occurred at Variant To Data in

059F8A26CE226A319D7ADB44F1D23A10.lvlib:8F592F46094BF17EEB6FABE3054BEB19->VIPM Main Window.vi

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW: The data type of the variant is not compatible with the data type wired to the type

input.

= Automated Message End =

= Error Handler Call Chain Start =

VIPM Main Window.vi

= Error Handler Call Chain End =

=========== END of VIPM Error Message ===========

After reinstalling, the list appeared after quite a while (minutes). I have fast internet connection, and I am not sure what changed. I was fiddling with the top left of the main GUI Listbox next to "Name" where usually you change the ordering of the packages....

Regards,

L.

I'm glad it's working now.

The error message in your log is one we've seen before and it most likely not at all related to the "missing packages" issue. It's possible that the long delay was because of the upgrade process where VIPM updates its package database files to a newer binary format.

Again, I'm glad it's working for you now, and sorry for the trouble.

I'm glad it's working now.

The error message in your log is one we've seen before and it most likely not at all related to the "missing packages" issue. It's possible that the long delay was because of the upgrade process where VIPM updates its package database files to a newer binary format.

Again, I'm glad it's working for you now, and sorry for the trouble.

Thx for checking. It seems ok now. Cheers,

Laurent

Archived