Labpython missing dependencies although ogrsc_dynamicpalette installed

Kim

Hi there,

I'm new to this forum so apologies if this question has already been answered and I just couldn't find it.

I am trying to install labpython with my LabVIEW 8.6 version. I first installed ogrsc_dynamicpalette (version 0.19-1 which is the newest one according to VIPM) and then tried to install oglib_labpython version 1.2-1 but it tells me that it has missing dependencies (i.e. ogrsc_dynamicpalette). However it also claims it needs version 2.0 or greater of the dynamicpalette but VIPM is not offering that to me as an option to download.

Is there something I'm missing or doing wrong, or is there some sort of solution for this problem?

Thanks,

Kim

Hi Kim,

There is a bug in the dependency declaration of the LabPython package. It should declare a dependency on ogrsc_dynamicpalette ">= 0.2" instead of ">= 2.0".

Go ahead and install version 0.19 of ogrsc_dynamicpalette and everything should be fine :)

Thanks,

-Jim

Hi Kim,

There is a bug in the dependency declaration of the LabPython package. It should declare a dependency on ogrsc_dynamicpalette ">= 0.2" instead of ">= 2.0".

Go ahead and install version 0.19 of ogrsc_dynamicpalette and everything should be fine :)

Thanks,

-Jim

Hi Jim,

I was wondering if that was the case :) However even with version 0.19-1 of ogrsc_dynamicpalette installed labpython still shows the little icon next to it saying that it is missing dependencies. I tried downloading version 0.2-1 of ogrsc_dynamicpalette and installing it but although VIPM has obviously downloaded it it won't let me install this version (it is greyed out in the install other version menue). I also tried to install missing dependencies directly by right clicking on the labpython package but it then tells me that all packages are already installed. However if I try opening the sub VIs in LabVIEW I just get an empty box saying OpenG but not showing the LabPython VIs. So something is definitely still wrong :(

Thanks,

Kim

I'm sorry; I take that back. It seems to be working now after all! I'm not sure what I did - just de- and re-installed both packages several times and restarted LabVIEW - but it seems fine now :)

Thanks for the help,

Kim

• 2 months later...

Hi Kim,

i have also the same problem. I have installed the packege oglib_labpython from http://sourceforge.net/projects/labpython/files/labpython/. But it shows "the package installed is missing dependencies or there is a dependency conflict".

What have you deinstalled and reinstalled? How can i solve the problem?

Thanks a lot!

monternet

Hi Michael,

i have tried to run the labpython vi. But they didn't work. In the vi "PYTHON Test Script Node__ogtk.vi", it shows, that the script server war not initiated. The vi "PYTHON Symple Execute__ogtk.vi" shows, there is a failure at the vi "Python New Session_ogtk.vi".

Do you know the reason for the failures?

Thanks!

Hi Michael,

i have tried to run the labpython vi. But they didn't work. In the vi "PYTHON Test Script Node__ogtk.vi", it shows, that the script server war not initiated. The vi "PYTHON Symple Execute__ogtk.vi" shows, there is a failure at the vi "Python New Session_ogtk.vi".

Do you know the reason for the failures?

Thanks!

I would recommend that you post your question here:

OpenG General Discussions

I am not familier with the technical details of how the package code works.

Archived