VIPM 2011 cannot connect to LV2011

neil

Hi,

I suspect you are all at NI Week, so not sure if anyone is watching the forums.

This morning I did some package installations with VIPM2010 (.2 I think), into LV2011. They worked fine with no problems.

Then I upgraded to VIPM2011 and could no longer connect when installing packages. The connection works fine from the Test panel, and if I delete my LabVIEW.ini file it all seems to start working again.

This is weird though, VIPM was working this morning, so am not sure why deleting the .ini should get it to work?

All my VI Server settings in LabVIEW seem sensible and firewalls exceptions are in place etc. Am I doing something stupid here?

thanks

Neil

Did you save the old labview.ini file? We could use that to debug what went wrong. At least you got it working.

Yup I kept the old version. This was copied from my LV2010 installation into the 2011 directory yesterday (and I think this was before installing the new packages uisng VIPM2010 which worked ok).

The forum will not let me attach an ini file though :-(

• 1 year later...

Ok, then rename it to a txt file or zip it.

A customer has reported similar behavior with VIPM 2012.0.1 and LabVIEW 2011 64-bit. The facts as reported to me:

• System has both LabVIEW 2011 32-bit and 64-bit versions installed
  • VIPM has no issues connecting to and installing packages for LabVIEW 2011 32-bit
  • When verifying the connection to LV 2011 64-bit, LabVIEW closes, restarts, and VIPM times out with an error before the splash screen is displayed.
  • Uninstalling and reinstalling LabVIEW did not resolve the issue and VI Server settings were checked and appeared to be correct

The solution was to rename the LabVIEW.ini file as you describe above. I've attached a copy of the bad .ini file to use when troubleshooting this further.

-RDR

OLD_LabVIEW.ini.zip

Archived