Glitch installing EasyXML for LabVIEW 2011

Bob Schor

I'm building a LabVIEW 2011 system, and going through all of the "extra" things one does besides installing LabVIEW. This includes installing VIPM 2011 and the usual OpenG/JKI/LabVIEW tools.

While the "demo" version of EasyXML (I think the number was 2.0.1) installed just fine, my paid-for package of EasyXML 2.0.2 failed to install, giving me an error message that I failed to write down. So I installed everything else, closed VIPM, then tried again to install EasyXML 2.0.2 (intending to write down the error). However, it installed just fine! I guess this is a version of "If it doesn't work, reboot and try again" (or, in this case, "If it doesn't work, close VIPM and try again").

P.S. -- I think I tried to do the upgrade to 2.0.2 before I did the bulk of the new OpenG XXX Library files, so maybe there is an "order" effect here. But when I successfully did the upgrade, EasyXML did tell me I needed other packages ... Also, why would the 2.0.2 upgrade fail when the 2.0.1 "demo" installation succeeds? Something for JKI to ponder, I guess.

Bob Schor

Archived