building package messes up lvlibs with mnu files linked

griffindore

Hi all,

I'm trying to build a package that contains a series of lvlibs. The lvlibs have associated palette files. I did not use VIPM's ability to create the palette files since there was no way to associate the mnu file with the lvlib in VIPM (at least as far as I could tell). Whenever the package is getting built, the association from the library to the palette file is getting broken so that when the package is installed, the palettes don't display properly.

Any assistance on that would be great, but if not, I figured I would just replace the library files in the .vip file after it gets built. I did so with a zip file program, but after doing so VIPM tells me the file is bad. I noticed in the spec file that's inside the vip, there is an ID which looks like a checksum. I couldn't figure out how the checksum was getting calculated though. Does anyone know how I can work around this issue (other than not linking the mnu file to the lvlib and just using VIPM to build the palettes)?

Thanks,

Mike

I assume you are using VIPM community. VIPM Professional has the ability to run Pre and Post build custom action VIs that you can use to do more complex operations. If you don't have VIPM Professional, use our contact form, fill-in your contact info and mention in the comments that you are looking for a VIPM Professional evaluation. I will get you setup.

http://jki.net/contact

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having the exact same issue. Any way to resolve this?

My folder being installed to user.lib has two sub folders and an MNU. That MNU is linked to the MNU's inside each subfolder... which are linked to lvlibs. But after I create a package with no extra palette settings... my stuff is installed correctly except that the top level MNU no longer links correctly.

It used to have these two linkings:

1:

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2010\user.lib\AES\FPGA\dir.mnu

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2010\user.lib\AES\FPGA\AES FPGA.lvlib

2:

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2010\user.lib\AES\RT\dir.mnu

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2010\user.lib\AES\RT\AES RT.lvlib

Now it has these two after going through the package build/install process:

1:

dir.mnu<<file not found>>

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2010\user.lib\AES\FPGA\AES FPGA.lvlib

2:

dir.mnu<<file not found>>

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2010\user.lib\AES\RT\AES RT.lvlib

Archived