LVOOP class (lvclass) control/constant should be available in palette

I used the VIPM (Commmunity edition) to create a package containing a couple of LVOOP classes. In the palette entries created upon installation, only VIs are available. Is there any way to make the actual class available via the palette (i.e. on the front panel palette as a control/indicator) and on the block diagram palette as a constant? If not, would it be possible to integrate this feature in a future version of VIPM?

I don't think that this is supported in VIPM or in LabVIEW (a quick test of the palette editor shows that you can't add an LVClass). However, if you create a "dummy" VI that has the LVClass control on the front panel, you can add it to your palette and configure it to Place VI Contents (so that the contents of the VI [the LVClass control] are dropped rather than the VI itself). Set the "dummy" VI's icon to look like your LVClass control and you're all set.

Does what I've described make sense?

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think that this is supported in VIPM or in LabVIEW (a quick test of the palette editor shows that you can't add an LVClass). However, if you create a "dummy" VI that has the LVClass control on the front panel, you can add it to your palette and configure it to Place VI Contents (so that the contents of the VI [the LVClass control] are dropped rather than the VI itself). Set the "dummy" VI's icon to look like your LVClass control and you're all set.

Does what I've described make sense?

If you want the class constant to appear on the Control palette; just create a custom control only containing the class constant.

Remember to update icon to reflect the class constant.

/J

• 1 year later...

Archived