Control or function palette gets wrong name and icon

I'm trying to build a VIPM package that should be added to Addons under a new category named WireFlow.

If I add both a control palette as well as a function palette one of them (it depends on when the vipb file was saved) does not get placed under the WireFlow category. Instead they are placed under palettes named CTLs or VIs, with a default LabVIEW icon.

The files, however, seems to get installed in the right place (Addons\WireFlow), but one of the palettes show up wrong.

/J

Are you running VIPM 2012? This may be a bug which was fixed in the latest version. If not, could you please attach your source code zipped with the vipb file?

I have tried on VIPM 2011 and 2012, both with the same result.

The attached zip file contains a simple VI and Ctrl together with a vipb file that builds a package that displays the problem.

I have checked the dir.mnu file VIPM generates, and it only contains either Control or Function palette data.

My guess is that VIPM generates one dir.mnu file for controls and one for functions,. This is OK as long as the controls and functions palettes are located at different paths, but when they are at the same path (in my case the Addons directory) I guess the last generated dir.mnu file is used instead of writing both function and control data into the same mnu file.

I tested to write both Control and function palette data to the mnu-file, and this makes everything show up OK.

/J

Edit: I also included a Post-Install-Action-VI that can be used as a workaround.

VIPM bug report.zip

VIPM-Post-Install Custom Action.vi

• 5 months later...

Archived