Transfer current state machine to JKI state machine

Paradigm

Hi JKI Team of expert,

I am currently using conventional state machine structure to do my programming when I came across your JKI state machine. I wish to learn more on your JKI state machine in term of how to program and how can I transfer my current state machine into JKI state machine. Once I get the hand of it, I believe I will be using JKI state machine after that due to its neat structure :-)

Attached is the state disgram I had program using the normal state machine. The problem that I face now is that during the transition of state or before I press the start button, I cannot exit or stop my VI. In the results state, I am actually waiting for event (The correct buttons to pressed or a serial buffer of the correct number) to be passed before I continue to the next level or state.

24oabsg.jpg

My question is

1) How many more states do I need and do I add all to the New category? Do I still need an Idle state? Or can I use the Idle state as my Start state?

2) Can the results state have event case with timeout also? How can I incorporate the Button pressed event with the serial buffer event when either one activated will change the state?

3) How can I make sure that the STOP button will work even when in result page or idle page?

4) How to effectively capture the time spend waiting for user input during the result state before time out?

Just wanted to find a starting point. Hope you can help. Thanks a lot :-)

Archived