Windows 64 Bit: VIPM doesn't work when double clicking an OGP package file

RolfK

I have installed VIPM 2012.0.0 under Windows 7-64 Bit and LabVIEW 2010SP1 64 Bit.

The first problem is that the file extension launcher doesn't seem to work. When clicking on a file with the ending .ogp nothing happens, where as under Windows 7 32-Bit the file is opened right away in VIPM.

I checked in the registry and the OpenGPackage/shell/open/command is defined to "C:\Program Files (x86)\JKI\VI Package Manager\support\VIPM File Handler.exe" -- "/command:open_package" "/source:%1" which I couldn't see a problem in itself with.

This is a test installation inside VirtualBox and I'm running with administrative privileges so I don't think permissions should be an issue.

Another problem I'm seeing is that VIPM seems to be very slow when installing a package. Everything works reasonably smooth in the VM including VIPM as long as I'm not trying to install a package. The duration to open a a package is VERY slow and after unpacking it, when VIPM tries to connect to LabVIEW according to the progress dialog, it takes many seconds before the Masscompiling starts. Masscompiling is also very slow, compared to a 32 Bit installation, both inside a VM and on a host system. In fact anything that attempts to connect to LabVIEW to do something is VERY slow, such as the Show in Palette, or Show Examples.

I wondered why I hadn't received any Firewall prompt so I checked in the Windows Firewall and indeed, VIPM Package Manager was not in there. So I added a rule to allow VI Package Manager local access and now communication with LabVIEW is reasonably snappy.

The strange thing is that here it seemed to work anyhow although EXTREMELY sloooooooooooooooow.

And clicking on a package in Explorer now also opens that package in the VIPM.

So check the Firewall rules, if you can't seem to connect to LabVIEW.

• 2 weeks later...

I wondered why I hadn't received any Firewall prompt so I checked in the Windows Firewall and indeed, VIPM Package Manager was not in there. So I added a rule to allow VI Package Manager local access and now communication with LabVIEW is reasonably snappy.

RolfK, thanks for the feedback. We will investigate whether it's necessary to add VIPM to the firewall exception in some automated way or with a user prompt in a future release.

• 3 weeks later...

RolfK, thanks for the feedback. We will investigate whether it's necessary to add VIPM to the firewall exception in some automated way or with a user prompt in a future release.

Windows7 64BIT can't install, as the following chart,pls help me~

Archived