What do I need to do if i want to rebuild the installer with same version number?

anningbozu

anningbozu,

I think you are talking about the VI Package Builder that helps you build packages. I got confused with your mention of "installer".

I am afraid to tell that the cleanest way to reset the revision number is by deleting the existing .vipb file and let VI Package Builder create a new one.

anningbozu,

I think you are talking about the VI Package Builder that helps you build packages. I got confused with your mention of "installer".

I am afraid to tell that the cleanest way to reset the revision number is by deleting the existing .vipb file and let VI Package Builder create a new one.

According to you, if I want to use same configuration, such as destination, source file settings and so on, I will have to create a brand new one and do the same work again. It's inconvinient.

How does the "Invalid signature" come out? What does VIPM check when it's opening the .vipb file?

anningbozu,

In order for you to be able to update the version information in .vipb file and not get "Invalid Signature" error, you need to have VIPM Pro.

VIPM Free Edition restricts the user capabilities.

Let me know if you are interested in purchasing VIPM Pro. Here is the link to compare VIPM Free and Pro editions:

http://jki.net/vipm/compare

Thank you.

Archived