Silent installation of VIPM

dcg1k

Hello,

I'm an IT technician that needs to install VIPM to few hundreds of PCs.

Is there a way to make an unattended installation of VI Package Manager for Windows?

I've tried a few tricks but the installer doesn't seem conventional.

AutoIT doesn't work either ...

Help !

Not sure if you have already contacted us offline. If not please open a ticket here and we can give you some options:

http://support.jki.net/anonymous_requests/new

Hello,

I'm an IT technician that needs to install VIPM to few hundreds of PCs.

Is there a way to make an unattended installation of VI Package Manager for Windows?

I've tried a few tricks but the installer doesn't seem conventional.

AutoIT doesn't work either ...

Help !

I've sent you some info on that ticket. Please continue the discussion there, thanks!

YES! I'm now able to install VIPM silently with the build you gave me.

Out of curiosity, is it possible to silently install a package (e.g. national_instruments_lib_labview_interface_for_arduino-2.2.0.79.vip) without any intervention by the end-user? Btw we are using the free version of VIPM, does it require the Pro version?

Thanks a lot again!

Out of curiosity, is it possible to silently install a package (e.g. national_instruments_lib_labview_interface_for_arduino-2.2.0.79.vip) without any intervention by the end-user? Btw we are using the free version of VIPM, does it require the Pro version?

Well, we have an API to let you do this by writing some code in LabVIEW. See here: http://support.jki.net/entries/21395113-vipm-api

This requires the Pro version of VIPM.

Archived