VI Package Builder error

jkittle

When trying to build a VI package I get this error (abort message):

VIPM could not determine the LabVIEW version of the selected files. The package building has been aborted. Please try another folder.

I have only LabVEIW 2011 installed. All vi's were created/compiled with 2011. I'm using VIPM 2012. The package is a .lvlib which points to a number of vi's in a subdirectory.

Any ideas on why I'm getting this?

Do you see LabVIEW 2011 in the "LabVIEW versions list" in VIPM 2012?

If not, here is an article on how to fix it: http://support.jki.net/entries/20634111-fixing-your-available-labview-version-list

Yes, 2011 is listed and is the only version listed and installed on my machine. Here is the settings.ini info

[Targets]

Names.<size(s)>="1"

Names 0="LabVIEW"

Versions.<size(s)>="1"

Versions 0="11.0"

Locations.<size(s)>="1"

Locations 0="/C/Program Files (x86)/National Instruments/LabVIEW 2011/LabVIEW.exe"

Ports="<size(s)=1> 3363"

Tested.<size(s)>="1"

Tested 0="FALSE"

Disabled.<size(s)>="1"

Disabled 0="FALSE"

Connection Timeout="120"

Active Target.Name="LabVIEW"

Active Target.Version="11.0"

PingDelay(ms)="-1"

PingTimeout(ms)="60000"

I assume you are getting this message after you browse to the package source folder?

When you do this, VIPM scans your source to determine the LabVIEW version for building. VIPM does this by reading the version info of the VI. It's possible that the VIs are not in LV2011? I would try doing a mass compile on the source folder. In LabVIEW goto Tools>>Advanced>>Mass Compile.

If that doesn't fix the issue then you could zip up your source and submit it to us for testing. We can quickly figure out the problem. You can use our contact form here:

http://support.jki.net/anonymous_requests/new

• 2 weeks later...

Just to follow up on this.

We had a customer that experienced this issue and submitted their code through our support form. Based on our analysis, we were able to determine the reason for this error in his case. This does not necessarily mean it will fix your issue but this is something to look at:

If you have your code inside an LLB and there is an lvclass inside the LLB, you will get this error. VIPM tries to read that lvclass file and fails because it's inside an LLB and VIPM has a problem with that. sad.gif

As a workaround, remove the lvclass file from the LLB or better convert the LLB to a folder. This should allow you to build the package. We will add a fix in the next release of VIPM for this issue.

If you really need those files in an LLB you can instruct VIPM to do that during build by defining a destination as an LLB (see image):

2012-12-11_1157.png

I had the exact problem Michael described (lvclass in LLB, etc, etc). Thanks for the workaround, I was able to build successfully with your instructions. But even more, good luck fixing this issue, it would be nice to have that fix. :)

It solved my problem too :)

Thank you.

/Bjarne

Archived