Package not showing it's installed

TonP

I have a weird situation where VIPM isn't showing a package is installed.

VIPM_main.PNG

However when I install the package I get the following error:

VIPM_install_error.PNG

Stating that the package is allread installed.

Trying to install an older version fails as well.

Is there some way to update my database?

Ton

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen the exact same thing on my computer relating to packages on an internal repository.

Steps to recreate:

1. Build a package locally (test_1.0.0.1.vip) - do not publish package at end of build when prompted

2. Install local package (test_1.0.0.1.vip)

3. Update and rebuild package (test_1.0.0.2.vip) - publish package at end of build when prompted

4. VIPM will now show that the package is not installed and will give the exact error Ton mentions

The original package still shows up on the palettes. If I manually remove the files installed with the original package, VIPM returns the same error. "Remove this version" and "Remove all versions" are disabled and not an option.

The workaround I found is to manually browse to our repository file server and open the *.vip file and install from there. The main VIPM window will update to reflect that the package is now installed.

- Becky

Becky,

Using VIPM 2012.0.1 (build 1818), I was not able to recreate the behavior described by you.

Here is how I tested it:

1. Build package. Do not publish.

2. Install the package

3. Update and build package. Publish the package.

4. Refresh repository to check for new packages. This shows that the new version of the installed package (in step 2) is available

5. Install the upgrade

Any more details to recreate the behavior will be helpful.

• 1 month later...

I'm having exactly the same problem. Normally it should show an upgrade option, but only install is there. But it won't let me to install over the old version.

Is there anything I can update the package?

Thanks,

Joseph

Becky,

Using VIPM 2012.0.1 (build 1818), I was not able to recreate the behavior described by you.

Here is how I tested it:

1. Build package. Do not publish.

2. Install the package

3. Update and build package. Publish the package.

4. Refresh repository to check for new packages. This shows that the new version of the installed package (in step 2) is available

5. Install the upgrade

Any more details to recreate the behavior will be helpful.

I'm having exactly the same problem. Normally it should show an upgrade option, but only install is there. But it won't let me to install over the old version.

Is there anything I can update the package?

Thanks,

Joseph

Please indicate which package you are trying to upgrade, which LV version you are trying to install to and what version of VIPM you are using.

I'm using Labview 2011 SP1. The package I'm trying to install is an internal library I wrote. The VIPM version is 2012.0.1 (build 1818).

After I built the package and opened in VIPM, it used to show "Upgrade" instead of "Install". But it didn't for this package.

When I clicked install button, it didn't allow me to install. (see the screenshot).

I tried to open the package file by double clicking it, but the result is still the same.

Thanks,

Joseph

post-9996-0-71426900-1360165391_thumb.png

Archived