Applying VIPC file from command

LeifS

How can I apply a VIPC file from my automatic build script?

I found the VIPMHelper.exe that might be involved in applying from Windows Explorer, but is there a command-based way of doing this from a batch file or similar?

/LeifS

Okay, but aren't there any another way? I mean, since I can do it from Windows Explorer (via VIPMHelper?) it seems that it might be possible via some kind of external command?

My goal is to let my automatic build system (Jenkins) apply all nessecary packages specified in the VIPC file.

If I understood it correct I need the Pro version of VIPM to use the API, and I also need the VIPM to be opened? My CI-server normally works as a service without the possibility to have applications open (system not logged on).

Do you have any suggestions how to solve this?

Can I write my own exe that wraps the API for this purpose?

/LeifS

VIPM is an installer that installs VI packages into the LabVIEW development environment. VIPM needs to be running and it also requires communication with LabVIEW since some of the packages run install scripts that call into the LabVIEW environment. This means the LabVIEW target needs to be running as well.

There is currently no option to perform these actions via command-line without having VIPM running. As you mention, you can build a LabVIEW exe using the API if you think this would solve your problem. You can activate a 30day trial from the help menu of VIPM to try this out.

I'm curious to know how you can run LabVIEW without a user interface and perform your builds. I didn't think this was possible. Maybe if you can explain your use-case a little bit more we can understand how to help.

Archived