VIPM package installation error

dvase

I'm trying to install OpenG using VIPM 2013 on a 64-bit Win7 machine with LabView 2013 (32-bit) installed. It appears that I'm able to download the package file correctly, but when it try to install I get the error:

"This package is not compatible with your operating system or any LabVIEW version installed on your computer"

Any thoughts or suggestions? I am executing VIPM as a standard-user with non-admin rights, could this be part of the problem?

Thanks for the advice, although it doesn't seem like communication between the two programs was the issue as I was able to verify with the connection with VIPM. Running VIPM with administrator rights fixed the issue and allowed me to install OpenG.

Make sure that VIPM is connected to LabVIEW.

Refer this article: http://support.jki.net/entries/21447601-Resolving-issues-with-VIPM-connecting-to-LabVIEW

• 3 weeks later...

One of the customer experiencing similar issue figured that the possible reason might be related to the firewall blocking the source website from where the requested package is to be downloaded. In his case, it was the OpenG package that was being downloaded from Sourceforge and the firewall was blocking it.

Certainly, the message on VIPM dialog is not accurate and we have logged it as a item to e fixed in future release of VIPM.

Archived