Upgrade install in non-standard location

Ed Dickens

I had the pre-release VIPM installed under my 'National Instruments' directory instead of in 'Program Files'.

I ran the 1.0 release installer in upgrade mode. The first time I ran it, it shows it uninstalling the current version, then starting the install, but it fails.

I re-ran the installer and it comes up showing the default path (...Program Files...) instead of where it was installed in 'National Instruments'. I ran it without changing the destination and again it failed to install.

Ran it a third time, but changed it to the still existing 'VI Package Manager' directory under 'National Instruments'. The install completed without problems and VIPM runs.

Ed

Ed,

Thank you for reporting this issue.

Can you tell us more about the nature of each failure? Did you get an error message? What was it? Do you have a screenshot of the error message?

Thank you.

Philippe Guerit

I don't remember any specific error messages. I do have another machine with the same setup I need to run the install on, but I won't be able to do that until later today.

I'll post what I find from that.

Ed

I don't remember any specific error messages. I do have another machine with the same setup I need to run the install on, but I won't be able to do that until later today.

I'll post what I find from that.

Ed

Well, my other machine does not have VIPM installed.

I remember now I got that machine new to use temporarily on a project and didn't have time to install anything until I got on-site. I didn't have Internet access once there so I couldn't download anything. So I just dumped my user.lib and the openg directories from Resource and Menus to the new machine.

If you could get me a copy of one of the pre-release VIPM installs, I could put it on this machine and run the 1.0 update and see what happens?

Ed

Archived