Bind license to library at build time.

Hi.

I am going to use NI standard mode to license a lvlib, and then build a VIP afterwards. Is it possible to use the “Bind license to library at build time” function in VIPM to build a VIP with the non-licensed lvlib instead of using the licensed lvlib generated by Third party license & activation toolkit to build the VIP? If it is, I can avoid to keep the licensed code and to activate the lvlib before building a VIP.

I hope you can help me:-)

Regards.

Ulrik Karlsson

GPower

• 1 month later...

Yes. The “Bind license to library at build time” does exactly what you describe. It licenses the LVLIB during the build process and does not touch the original code.

Thanks for your feedback..

I got the build process working using “Bind license to library at build time” function in VIPM but I still have a problem! When the VIP is installed and activated, the VI´s are not password protected! As far as I can see, the VI´s should always password protected when using “Bind license to library at build time”… What am I doing wrong?

Regards.

Ulrik Karlsson

GPower

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I have, but it just gives me a warning :mellow:

When I enable the password protection in the source file setting page on the parent folder but uncheck the “Use Protection Settings of Parent Folder” and select unlocked for the lvlib I want to license, then it seems to work! :) Is that the correct way to do it?

Ulrik, GPower

• 2 weeks later...

Archived