vipc file not opening

Hi,

Double-clicking on a *.vipc file in a computer, which has VIPM 2013 (build 1878) installed, is opening the LabVIEW Tools Network window and not the main VI Package Manager window. Even if I navigate to the main window from the Tools window, nothing happens. What might be the issue?

Thanks,

Priyadarsini S

I tried to recreate the behavior and I think I know the issue. On this specific PC, the VIPC file are associated with LVTN and not "VIPM File Handler.exe". Hence, trying to open VIPC launches LVTN.

Try this:

- Right click VIPC File

- Go to Properties

- Click "Change"

- Click on "Browse" button at the bottom right corner

- Go to: C:\Program Files\JKI\VI Package Manager\support and select "VIPM File Handler.exe"

- Click "Open"

- Click "OK"

- Click "OK" on the Properties dialog to apply and close the dialog

Now try to double click on VIPM file and check to make sure it opens correctly.

Ashish,

The vipc is now associated with a program VIPMHelper.exe and it is recognized as a VI Package Configuration. I am not able to locate that VIPMHelper.exe though. Also right-clicking on the file shows Apply Configuration menu. If I change its association to VIPM File Handler.exe, then its type is not recognized & there is no info on VIPM in its right-click menu. Hence its association with VIPM is lost. But still I changed it to VIPM File Handler & double-clicking it launches the main screen & stays there. It does not proceed to installation.

Thanks,

Priyadarsini S

post-26965-0-62974500-1399948620_thumb.png

Archived