Bug in VIPM API "Read VI Package Build Spec"

Stobber

If the "Path to VIPB File" input doesn't specify a file named ".vipb", the VI returns error 42 with the message: "VIPM API_vipm_api.lvlib:Check vipb path Input_vipm_api.vi<ERR>The path does not point to a .vipb file. Please specify a path to a .vipb file."

This error was thrown when I gave it the valid path "C:\TestBuildSpec.vipb" using VIPM 2014 Pro.

We have recorded the issue as Case 16100 and will be fixed in the future release of VIPM API.

For the time being, you can rename the VIPB file as ".vipb" (remove the file name) and VIPM API should work as expected.

Let me know how it goes.

• 3 months later...

If the "Path to VIPB File" input doesn't specify a file named ".vipb", the VI returns error 42 with the message: "VIPM API_vipm_api.lvlib:Check vipb path Input_vipm_api.viThe path does not point to a .vipb file. Please specify a path to a .vipb file."

This error was thrown when I gave it the valid path "C:\TestBuildSpec.vipb" using VIPM 2014 Pro.

There's a new build of the VIPM API (that includes a fix for this issue) available for download, here:

http://vipm.jki.net/#!/package/jki_lib_vipm_api

Please let us know how it works for you:

-Jim

There's a new build of the VIPM API...Please let us know how it works for you:

-Jim

Thanks, Jim. I'll try to test it this week with some of my off-project time. If it works, it'll enable me to upgrade all my in-house tools to VIPM 2014 and start updating 3rd-party packages that already moved to the newer version. (So I'm grateful for this patch. Thanks!)

Archived