VIPM BUild Failed - Fles missing Dependencies

tyk007

I have a vip configuration for a project that uses a number of labview classes. Recently I renamed some of the classes for various reasons. The source mass compiles fine in LabVIEW 2012 (after clearing the compiled object cache).

During the VIPM build, I get Error Code 7. Virtually every file in the build is now "missing dependencies" - yet when I open the project in LabVIEW the offending VIs are ok - no broken run arrows etc. I also get this wierd error message:

The file at 'D:\xxxxxxx\.Source2012\VariantTools\VariantTools-GUnit.lvclass\VariantTools-GUnit.ctl' was expected to have the qualified name 'VariantTools-GUnit.lvclass:VariantTools-GUnit.ctl', but has the qualified name 'VariantTools.lvclass:VariantTools-GUnit.ctl'.

Not sure why this error exists. THe class file opens fine in LabVIEW 2012, and looking at the xml indicates the ctl file name is correct.

Any ideas?

I have a vip configuration for a project that uses a number of labview classes. Recently I renamed some of the classes for various reasons. The source mass compiles fine in LabVIEW 2012 (after clearing the compiled object cache).

During the VIPM build, I get Error Code 7. Virtually every file in the build is now "missing dependencies" - yet when I open the project in LabVIEW the offending VIs are ok - no broken run arrows etc. I also get this wierd error message:

The file at 'D:\xxxxxxx\.Source2012\VariantTools\VariantTools-GUnit.lvclass\VariantTools-GUnit.ctl' was expected to have the qualified name 'VariantTools-GUnit.lvclass:VariantTools-GUnit.ctl', but has the qualified name 'VariantTools.lvclass:VariantTools-GUnit.ctl'.

Not sure why this error exists. THe class file opens fine in LabVIEW 2012, and looking at the xml indicates the ctl file name is correct.

Any ideas?

I ended up solving the issue by manually opening the control of each class, making an insignificant change (such as re-sizing the cluster) and then applying changes to the control. Although no methods VIs changed this seemed to allow VIPM to perform the build.

Archived