cclv

A blank VI pop-up when install a VI Package with a Post-Install Custom Action VI

I built a VI Package by VI Package Builder with Custom Actions. And then, when I installed this VI Package, the work of Custom Action had been done, but a blank VI pop-up and it didn't close by itself. So did uninstallation. How can I make it close itself?

VIPM occasionally opens an Untitled VI during package installations when custom action VIs are executed. This is done to work around an issue where LabVIEW would hang during execution of the custom action VIs if the LabVIEW Getting Started Windows was open. VIPM does not currently close this untitled VI afterward.

[update: There is a knowledge base entry for this, here: http://support.jki.net/entries/63014465-An-untitled-VI-opens-when-installing-a-VI-Package-with-a-Custom-Action-VI]

VIPM occasionally opens an Untitled VI during package installations when custom action VIs are executed. This is done to work around an issue where LabVIEW would hang during execution of the custom action VIs if the LabVIEW Getting Started Windows was open. VIPM does not currently close this untitled VI afterward.

Thanks! I think the problem can hardly be solved by changing the option in VIPM or LabVIEW by myself...