Robert Smith

Test Cases not found

Hello,

I have a project with two test cases, and it appears that the VI Tester tool is not finding the test cases. If I add the test case manually (File > Open Project or Test Class... and select the test case class) it runs ok. If I try to manually open the project file, it does not find the test cases. All of my test cases are named "* TestCase.lvclass". When I open the example project, it finds the test cases just fine, so I'm pretty sure it's something with my project, but I can't seem to figure out what I'm doing wrong. Any guidance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Robert

@Robert Smith I know this is four years later and probably not very helpful, but I just used VI Tester for the first time and found that my tests would not appear in the UI if the test classes were in auto-populating folders.  This may have been your problem.  Hopefully this helps someone else who might come across this thread.

• Like 1

On 1/11/2019 at 12:52 PM, Croohcifer said:

@Robert Smith I know this is four years later and probably not very helpful, but I just used VI Tester for the first time and found that my tests would not appear in the UI if the test classes were in auto-populating folders.  This may have been your problem.  Hopefully this helps someone else who might come across this thread.

Thanks for reporting this. I've filed a bug in the issue tracker, here: https://github.com/JKISoftware/JKI-VI-Tester/issues/33

same issue, lv2018 sp1, first they didn't show, then they did, after changing the test a bit, stopped showing up

Edited by vbodner78