VIPM Fails to load

Hello,

I had VIPM working just fine and then it quit. The splash screen would flash briefly, showing the message "loading..."

I downloaded a fresh copy of the setup program, ran it and chose repair. Same problem.

I then uninstalled VIPM and re-ran the installer. Same problem.

This occurs, regardless if I try to launch it via a desktop shortcut or via the LabVIEW opening screen.

One thing odd is that during the repair, the installer threw an error regarding access to the jki.conf file. I checked the file and found out it was read only. I reset the read only flag and the repair continued without problems.

LV 2013 Win 7 64 bit

Any ideas?

TIA

Bob

• 2 weeks later...

Bob,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Please try following methods:

Try to turn OFF your Antivirus and Firewall?

Try to run VIPM from home network to see if it launches. There is possibility that if you are behind a firewall, VIPM fails to launch.

Please try to launch VIPM using IT administrator login to see if that helps.

Send the crash log: http://support.jki.net/entries/20634136-How-to-submit-VIPM-Troubleshooting-Logs

We want you to try to re-install VIPM. To do this you will have to uninstall VIPM using the VIPM uninstall and then delete the following folders manually:

C:\ProgramData\JKI\VIPM

C:\Program Files (x86)\JKI\VI Package Manager

Then re-install VIPM.

Thank you, that seemed to do the trick.

Firewall adjustment or administrator privileges were not needed.

Bob.

Bob,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Please try following methods:

Try to turn OFF your Antivirus and Firewall?

Try to run VIPM from home network to see if it launches. There is possibility that if you are behind a firewall, VIPM fails to launch.

Please try to launch VIPM using IT administrator login to see if that helps.

Send the crash log: http://support.jki.net/entries/20634136-How-to-submit-VIPM-Troubleshooting-Logs

We want you to try to re-install VIPM. To do this you will have to uninstall VIPM using the VIPM uninstall and then delete the following folders manually:

C:\ProgramData\JKI\VIPM

C:\Program Files (x86)\JKI\VI Package Manager

Then re-install VIPM.

Archived