Build resource package similar to JKI_RSC

Chris Davis

How do I build a resource package similar to the jki_rsc package? It is my understanding that the jki_rsc package is used to make all of the JKI tools organize themselves under a larger JKI palette. If there is another way to make this happen, please let me know. I'd like to use this idea to package up several company VI packages into a larger palette to make them easier to organize.

Thanks,

Chris Davis

Chris,

You can do this by adding your packages as "Dependencies" while building the package.

You can simply drag drop the packages as dependencies in VI Package Builder.

More information is available in Help menu.

Are you suggesting I create an empty VI package and then add several other packages as dependencies?

When I do that I get an error stating I can't build an empty package.

Maybe I'm not clear on what you are suggesting. Perhaps an online tutorial is in order?

Are you suggesting I create an empty VI package and then add several other packages as dependencies?

When I do that I get an error stating I can't build an empty package.

Maybe I'm not clear on what you are suggesting. Perhaps an online tutorial is in order?

In the back of my mind, I know that the JKI_RSC package is a different type of package. I'm just trying to figure out what I need to do to make my own package, similar to the JKI_RSC package. Any ideas?

Hey Chris,

If you're looking to create your own root-level menu, we support this with the Custom Category feature.

2015-02-13_09-40-37.png

The "RSC" thing is just part of the package name. And, I would not recommend trying to replicate what the rsc_palette packages do, since it involves a lot of arcane and complex stuff that I can't remember all the details about right now and I'm one of a small handful of people in the world who understand the details -- I don't recommend joining that club laugh.gif

Archived