Error when building a package that only contains a project

Sara

Hi,

I am building a VI package with the VIPM 2014 that contains a LabVIEW 2013 project (.lvproj) and some support files, but no VIs. This used to work in older versions of VIPM, but it is not working now. I get an error saying:

"You're trying to build a package using LabVIEW as your target but there are no LabVIEW compatible files in the source folder you selected.

Please try another source folder o switch to using the System target"

Is there any workaround for this issue?

Thanks,

Sara

post-15283-0-36060600-1429881769.png

Hi Ashish,

Thanks for your answer. Using the System target is not the best approach for us. We are developing a library that will work on several platforms. We were planning to create a VI package for each platform that will contain the board files (so NI MAX can install the library in the board) and a LabVIEW project as an example on how to use the library.

For the files for NI MAX, we could go with a System target. The LabVIEW project, on the other hand, needs to be installed in <LabVIEW version>/examples. For that, we need to use the LabVIEW target when generating the package.

Is there a workaround we could use?

Thanks,
Sara

• 1 month later...

Hi Ashish,

Thanks for your answer. Using the System target is not the best approach for us. We are developing a library that will work on several platforms. We were planning to create a VI package for each platform that will contain the board files (so NI MAX can install the library in the board) and a LabVIEW project as an example on how to use the library.

For the files for NI MAX, we could go with a System target. The LabVIEW project, on the other hand, needs to be installed in <LabVIEW version>/examples. For that, we need to use the LabVIEW target when generating the package.

Is there a workaround we could use?

Thanks,

Sara

I am getting the same error, but I am trying something different...

However, when I saw what you are trying to do, it seems to me that you could create a Project Template, check out if you have not already:

http://www.ni.com/tutorial/14045/en/

BTW, I got around a similar problem by just creating a VI Tree that has some information about how the depending packages are used and that was enough to get the package built.

In other words, create a dummy VI, don't add it to palettes or anything else, but that will be enough to get VIPM into building your empty package.

Archived