fails to recognize incompatible packages

I've built a custom package and set it as incompatible with a 3rd party package. VIPM doesn't recognize the conflict on installation of my package, but acknowledges the conflict via icon after the install. clicking the icon and selecting "Install missing dependencies" just gives a dialog saying "There is nothing to do. All the packages are already installed". If I were not he original author of my package i would be very confused what was going on here...

running VIPM 2016.0.0.1986

Of course the manual workaround is to manual uninstall the conflicting package, but i'm trying to get a solution that automatically does this. just looking to file this as a bug report.

post-9114-0-51148200-1464721420_thumb.png

• 4 weeks later...

I have a very similar but slightly different issue, though it's likely related. Although I am installing to LV 2012, VIPM 2106 is allowing the installation of packages that are restricted to higher versions of LabVIEW. For example, VIPM shows an upgrade available to JKI State Machine Toolkit 3.0 even though that is restricted to LV>=2013. It installs, but then is broken because the VIs cannot be opened.

post-336-0-02244100-1466723862_thumb.png

• 2 months later...

Archived