hooovahh

VI Calling VIM Fails to Build [fixed in VIPM 2017f1]

Update: this issue has been fixed in VIPM 2017f1

I've been using the new VIMs feature of VIPM 2017 and am having some issues getting it to build successfully. If I have a VIM on the palette it builds just fine, but if I add a VI that calls that VIM the build fails, even if that VI isn't on the palette.

Attached is a zip with my source. It fails to build because the normal VI "Is Variant Repository.vi" calls a VIM that is in that package. If I delete that VI the build works fine. Is this a known limitation that a package can't be built, if a VI calls a VIM? Here are the errors seen when the build fails. Thanks.

VIPM 1.png

VIPM 2.png

Variant Repository Source 2017.zip

So...is anyone from JKI monitoring these forums? I have a show stopping bug that I posted two weeks ago, in the latest version of VIPM, can anyone give any advice? Thanks.

I have the exact same issue:

post-7853-0-18353300-1500037164_thumb.png

At the moment, I'm only calling VIMs inside my Examples, and so I'm excluding Examples from the package temporarily.

Edited by drjdpowell

Interestingly, I have a couple of VIMs that contain other VIMs, and they don't produce this error. Only the VIs that call VIMs do.

This is what I observed too.

Hi !!

Apologies for missing out on these. We were able to reproduce the behaviour and have recorded as Case 17570 for VIPM team to take a look at.

I will get back to you when there are more updates on this.

The recently posted update VIPM 2017 F1 fixes this issue for me. Finally I can build all the VIM packages I've been wanting to.

Edited by hooovahh

Great! It was indeed one of the fixes implemented in VIPM 2017 SP1.

Thanks for confirmation and glad to know that you were able to build the package successfully.