wyzromek

JKI SM conversion to LVNXG

Hi,

I'm trying to convert a project with JKI SM from LabVIEW 2017 to LabVIEW NXG. I'm using JKI SM version 4.0.0.22 (in LV2017). During the conversion I get the message:

image.png.e419427afbe19406d65946215b00ed99.png

In LV NXG I have JKI SM for NXG, version 2.0. Even a single VI with JKI SM inside can not be converted. It looks like there is a missing JKI SM version for NXG 1.0, but it can not be installed in NXG 2.0.

I realize that LV NXG is still "fresh" and lacks many useful add-ons available in the "conventional" LV. But I wonder... maybe threre is a solution?

Hi again @wyzromek.

Have you tried clicking 'Next' and continuing with the conversion? The resulting project should be relatively unbroken: the missing methods/property nodes are replaced with placeholder nodes and the NXG 2.0 library calls to both JKI & OpenG are mapped correctly (see below).

unnamed-11.png

Sorry for my late answer, I am very bussy at work. Yes, I've tried. There a many placeholders. For examples:

image.png.3d5531a068e26c20a91369095aaf455c.png

image.thumb.png.895756854336cea384061fdeb5ad9843.png

So, a lot of work to do. But OK. New technology (LV NXG), new philosophy, new tools... It is better to start the new project directly in NXG.

But another problem in NXG 2.1. I have instaled JKI SM 2.0 and there is an option to start the new project with JKI SM. But... if I need to add JKI SM to new, empty VI I'm not able to do it.

image.png.7a45c140186a844b3885f8536ca4ee34.png

In new JKI SM project, there is also a lack of Close Reference in "Data: Cleanup" state.

image.png.33adc3f19a530f728e2f9bbf1a354dfa.png

I am sorry for so many questions and comments, but I often use JKI SM and recommend it to my students as the next step with programming in LabVIEW (something more then a simple state machine).

Regards

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the update @wyzromek. Yes, there's still a lot to do -- NXG 2.1 still isn't totally ready for upgrading existing projects and there is still a little work to do on the JKI SM side of things, too.  We're hoping that NXG 3.0 will provide a bit more features and improvements to the process 🙂