creating a VI Package in VIPM using command line?

I stumbled across this post from a few years back:

https://forums.jki.net/topic/2466-is-there-a-way-to-create-a-vi-package-in-vipm-using-command-line/

I've confirmed I have the format right and can at least open a specific package using the command line ("/command:vipm_open_build"), but the "build" command does nothing.. Is there still a command line build feature for VIPM 2017?

Thanks

It works for me with 2017 on windows.

Out of curiosity, why do you want to use the direct command line? I find the direct command line call more of a burden to use. When called from batch it is none blocking by default. On completion of the build VI Package Manager remains open. Consider creating a simple VI and use the VIPM API. See attached picture. Call the VI from command line. It's blocking and will clean up all processes after itself.

builder.PNG

The real answer is I'm just making a single package for a project on my development machine. I have a 1-click build for executables and test-stand deployment so I can press run and walk away, but without a separate build computer there isn't really a significant enough need to buy the API -- it saves a few clicks. However, that does look to be the difference, either pro edition was always required or it is now, but when I turned on evaluation mode it worked.

On 5/18/2018 at 12:14 PM, d smith said:

The real answer is I'm just making a single package for a project on my development machine. I have a 1-click build for executables and test-stand deployment so I can press run and walk away, but without a separate build computer there isn't really a significant enough need to buy the API -- it saves a few clicks. However, that does look to be the difference, either pro edition was always required or it is now, but when I turned on evaluation mode it worked.

Haha I initially had the same thought. I tried the command line thinking that I could avoid buying the pro edition.

Archived