[FIXED] JKI SM - problem with JKI SM Editor...

wyzromek

I've got a problem with JKI SM Editor (JKI SM ver. 2018). In one case, it increases the CPU resources consumption. The procedure is as follow:

1. Open New VI or existing VI with JKI SM.

2. Open block diagram.

3. Open JKI SM Editor.

4. Close front panel of the VI.

CPU  usage increases - in my case (i5-4210M) up to 38 - 40%.

Have to reset the LabVIEW.

Has anyone observed silmilar behaviour?

[Update: This has been fixed in version 2018.0.1.36 of the JKI State Machine package, which has been published and is available for download and installation using VIPM.]

Hello @wyzromek.

Do you notice that the CPU usage goes down after a minute?

Do you have Mass Compile (in VIPM options dialog) enabled or disabled?

I did a little testing and see that if I do not have JKI State Machine Editor mass compiled during installation, then I have this increased CPU issue (but that it goes away after a minute).  However, if I I let VIPM Mass Compile the JKI State Machine Editor on installation, then I do not see the CPU increase after closing the VI that was using it.

I'm curious if you see a similar behavior to what I'm observing. 

No, CPU usage is high all of the time.

Yes, Mass Compile is enabled (always).

I reinstalled JKI State Machine, but still nothing. So, I have to remember to close the Block Diagram first or JKI SM Editor (Explorer in fact...).

Maybe it is important or not... my LabVIEW version is 2018 (18.0f2)

We figured it out -- it was getting an error during Macro Exit (shutdown), that was causing it to go into the error handler, which was going into Macro Exit (an infinite loop). You can work around this issue by tweaking the code inside the JKI SM Explorer window to look like the following. (You can open the JKI SM Explorer then press Ctrl+Space to stop the VI, then Ctrl+M to go into Edit mode).

image.png

We figured it out -- it was getting an error during Macro Exit (shutdown), that was causing it to go into the error handler, which was going into Macro Exit (an infinite loop). You can work around this issue by tweaking the code inside the JKI SM Explorer window to look like the following. (You can open the JKI SM Explorer then press Ctrl+Space to stop the VI, then Ctrl+M to go into Edit mode).

image.png

Update: This has been fixed in version 2018.0.1.36 of the JKI State Machine package, which has been published and is available for download and installation using VIPM.

Archived