LabVIEW 2016 fail to start after VIPM package install

Windows 7, LabVIEW 2016 32 bit, VIPM 2016.0.0

LabVIEW 2016 working before attempting to install DQMH package. 

VIPM failed to connect to LabVIEW 2016 initially due to re-activate splash screen. 

On second attempt with LabVIEW 2016 already running, LV 2016 crashed on connection attempt. 

After that, LV 2016 crashes on every start. 

I've tried to find any files that may have changed, or some other way of perhaps saving this install of LabVIEW. 

Is there anything I can look for?  

Perhaps someone has already experienced this and found a fix.   

I think I may have found a fix for this. 

I ran a search on the Access Violation string generated by the LabVIEW crash reporter and found this page: https://www.tsxperts.com/forums/topic/ausnahme-access-violation-0xc0000005-bei-eip0x01013310/

In my case I deleted C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2016\project\Plasmionique and C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2016\vi.lib\Plasmionique    

I had already tried removing and renaming some files in an attempt to avoid a possibly long reinstall.  None of that worked, but removing the above two folders did. 

I had not run LabVIEW 2016 for awhile.  In that time, my license had been renewed. When VIPM initially started LV, it timed out because I didn't notice the splash screen in the background waiting for me to "Launch" LV.

I launched LabVIEW and then repeated the install on VIPM.  But this time LabVIEW crashed after the DQMH install started.

Not sure if the license renewal had anything to do with the crash.  This is the first time I've ever seen anything like this. 

This is on a bit of a legacy dev machine with multiple versions of LabVIEW living together nicely for a long time.  So it's quite relief having it up and running again.

Archived