JKI Design Palette messes up LabVIEW search

KarelM

Whenever I try to use LabVIEW search function (CTRL+SPACE), search window appears, then JKI Design Palette pops up and both disappear immediately. This happens both on front panel and on block diagram and regardless on JKI Design Palette being open or closed. I'm using LabVIEW 2016 32-bit.

Hi @KarelM. Thanks for reporting this. I haven't seen this ever happen before. The JKI Design Palette should only pop up when Ctrl+Shift+Space or Ctrl+Alt+Space are pressed.  Also, when you say "LabVIEW search function (CTRL+SPACE)" I think you're talking about the Quick Drop window.  That's odd that both the JKI Design Palette and Quick Drop show up.

Which version of JKI Design Palette are you using? 1.0.1.176 is the latest.

Yes, I meant Quick Drop, but couldn't remember its proper name. I'm using the latest version of JKI Design Palette.

However, the problem disappeared. It seems that it disappeared after I first tried Ctrl+Alt+Space to pop up the Design Palette. After that Ctrl+Space correctly opens Quick Drop window.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I realize that this is an old thread, but wanted to say I had the same problem and was getting very frustrated with the loss of access to Quick Drop.  This was compounded by not being able to find any uninstall functionality.  😖

Please add details for Uninstalling JKI Design Palette to the User Guide.

After trying the CTRL+ALT+Space to launch the JKI Design Palette my access to Quick Drop was restored.  🙂

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi,

I have an issue with this tool in design-time where after the Palette has been opened the first time, even after closing it, if I type a [space] anywhere in LabVIEW, the design palette opens and steals the focus.  Even if I'm just typing text into a text control or constant.

Currently installed version 1.0.5.196, but this has been going on for several revisions.