Compile automatically

Greg sands

Suggestion: automatic compilation of the newly-installed packages

I presume this would be relatively straightforward (using the JKI mass-compile tool!), or otherwise could possibly be scheduled to happen the next time LV was started. If it couldn't happen automatically, perhaps VIPM could monitor which packages were not compiled, and suggest that the user does so.

Suggestion: automatic compilation of the newly-installed packages

I presume this would be relatively straightforward (using the JKI mass-compile tool!), or otherwise could possibly be scheduled to happen the next time LV was started. If it couldn't happen automatically, perhaps VIPM could monitor which packages were not compiled, and suggest that the user does so.

Hi Greg,

Thanks for the feedback. We have this feature on the map. We're currently working out the specifics of the implementation. :)

Thank you,

-Jim Kring

• 2 months later...

Another nice one would be to update the palettes. LV 8.(2?) has a private method for that:

app.palettes.refresh

It will update all the palette views with the ones installed on that moment, it takes some while so it wouln't be good to run that after every installed OGP.

Ton

Another nice one would be to update the palettes. LV 8.(2?) has a private method for that:

app.palettes.refresh

It will update all the palette views with the ones installed on that moment, it takes some while so it wouln't be good to run that after every installed OGP.

Ton

Hi Ton,

Thanks for the suggestion. This certainly would be a nice feature -- I really hate having to restart LabVIEW just to refresh the palettes. I have added your suggestion to our internal "Feature Requests" tracker (Case 4533: Optionally refresh palettes after installing/uninstalling packages).

Thanks,

-Jim

Archived