EasyXML for NXG?

Zaphiro Technologies

I'm in no rush to move project to NXG, but I am curious, I saw on GitHub that JKI is has worked on a JKI State Machine for NXG and I was wondering if there was any similar project for EasyXML.

I'm assuming the transition of this toolkit is not going to be a huge problem, am I right?

I'm also assuming some NXG early birds have already tried the transition of EasyXML, anyone?

• Like 1

Hi Antoine,

Yes, we intend to migrate EasyXML to NXG when the time is right. Realistically, that will probably happen sometime in 2020. I don't see any major technical challenges in doing so, yet the type descriptor and flat data parsing may need some improvements due to unicode strings.

There aren't too many people actually using NXG yet, but that will start to shift in 2020 with NXG 4.0 and 5.0 beta, from my perspective.

Thanks for checking in. Are you using NXG?

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, thanks for this, no less than what I was expecting from JKI 🙂

I don't really use NXG yet, I installed NXG 4.0 and had a quick look around, nothing more for now.

Not sure yet when I'll start migrating my customer project, probably around end of 2020. At the moment I'm listing all the NI modules/drivers and "community modules" that I use in CurrentGen and start checking if and when they'll be available in NXG.

• Like 1