StefanLemmens

Shell Menu "Add Contents to VIPM Library" doesn't work.

When I right-click on a vipc file in the windows explorer the context menu shows the option "Add Contents to VIPM Library". Selecting this opens the VI Package Manager but the contents of the vipc file are not added to the VIPM Library. The vipc file definitely contains the vip itself.

The error file (located at C:\ProgramData\JKI\VIPM\error) contains the following error :

=========== START of VIPM 2018.0.0 (build 2027) Error Message ===========
An internal VIPM 2018.0.0 (build 2027) Error has occured on: Tuesday January 14, 2020 at 03:44:30 PM

= Automated Message Start = 
Error 1 occurred at  [Launch File]:command (Unknown Enum Value <add>) Set Enum String 
Value__ogtk.vi in Read Key (Variant)__ogtk.vi:160002->Read Section 
Cluster__ogtk.vi->343FBFE9D2AE778BDCE948E13EDD148A->A37D44BD2FCED7810A2AC814B145247C->41AC743D0ED402
FF42A432FD77E580E0->VIPM Main Window.vi
Possible reason(s):
LabVIEW:  An input parameter is invalid. For example if the input is a path, the path might contain 
a character not allowed by the OS such as ? or @.
= Automated Message End =

= Error Handler Call Chain Start =
    VIPM Main Window.vi->
    41AC743D0ED402FF42A432FD77E580E0
= Error Handler Call Chain End =
=========== END of VIPM 2018.0.0 (build 2027) Error Message ===========

It looks as if the add-command is not supported (anymore)???

Best Regards,

Stefan

It also looks like VIPM keeps on trying to execute this unknown command because I noticed that the error logfile keeps on growing every 100ms until I close the VI Package Manager. The error logfile than contains this error message about 10 times per second.

Even restarting the VIPM doesn't stop the error logfile from growing. It just keeps adding the same message over and over.

Even restarting the PC doesn't seem to help. Whenever VIPM is open the error logfile keeps on growing.

It only stops when I select "Apply Configuration" in the context menu because then VIPM can execute a known command and stops reporting this error.

Edited by StefanLemmens
Added more info

On 1/27/2020 at 3:46 AM, StefanLemmens said:

Thanks. It would also be nice to have the "Add to VIPM Library." option on *.vip files and not only on *.vipc files.

Thats a good idea, Stefan! You can post it and any other feature ideas you might have in the VIPM Idea Exchange.