Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi,

This is not a problem report but more a success story. Well done crew!

I heard about caraya when I looked through the talks of VI Week (and I'm still watching videos) and I wanted to give it a go. I've been wanting to try unit testing for a while but the built-in stuff just wasn't doing it for me.

We (work) do all our building, releasing and deployment via Azure pipelines so when I heard that caraya can generate JUnit format test results, I jumped straight in and made myself a test pipeline for a new feature we just added to one of our libraries. I downloaded the TDD template, copied the Pre-Build-Action.vi into my project (it needed a bit of fixing) and defined some tests. Once I had the pre-build vi working I looked at the Azure part. I wanted the pipeline to be aware of the test results. All I had to do is to call the Publish Test Results task which takes the results and publishes them to the Azure test repository and bang! Unit testing done. Here are some screenshots

image.png

image.png

image.png

And then I added a broken test

image.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Thomas. That’s super cool! Thanks for showing the screenshots. I’m glad to hear how easy that was for you and hope it’s helpful to you and your team. -Jim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.