2020 dead after splash if no sign-in

There seems to be an issue using VIPM without a sign-in.

Starting VIPM 2020 after installing LabVIEW 2020 I chose the free edition and opted not to sign in (as I could not get my user account password, even though I tried with an e-mail address that I verified as used by JKI earlier...a side-issue?) - after doing so VIPM would show the splash screen, close that, but then just sit dead in the background not displaying anything...

I tried this repeatedly, eventually manually removing the programdata folder (note that the software happened to be running at the time without me knowing it, and then did not handle the fact that it had files missing there - ending up in an infinite file error loop) and uninstalling-reinstalling it with no effect. The only fix I found was to remove it (and the programdata) again, to get back to the version-selection dialog, and then sign-in with a new account. 

Regarding the issue of the not-working account I guess the reason was that VIPM does not accept accounts created here in the discussion forum, nor during previous VIPM free-installs(!?)? When trying to reset the password I did not get any feedback that the e-mail was not recognised, but no password reset response arrived.

+1

i'm having these exact same issues. i can't sign in because i need my password reset and VIPM 2020 doesn't open past the splash screen because of this. And same thing with the password reset, i tried to reset it on the website, but never received the email with the reset link.

i'm a pro user and need to build some packages this week for a release, getting through these issues ASAP would be much appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

For pro users you have the ability to get real help from JKI rather than asking here. Even though JKI guys add some add threads here (fixed to the top) they seem not to respond to problems 'non-pro' users have. It seems that with the new 2020 version there is ether a serious problem with the registration/login or they hinder the "free" or "community" login somehow. But if pro users also have problems then there seems to be something different.

• 1 year later...
On 6/1/2020 at 7:59 PM, lee said:

+1

i'm having these exact same issues. i can't sign in because i need my password reset and VIPM 2020 doesn't open past the splash screen because of this. And same thing with the password reset, i tried to reset it on the website, but never received the email with the reset link.

i'm a pro user and need to build some packages this week for a release, getting through these issues ASAP would be much appreciated.

What exact version/build of VIPM 2020 do you use? I've tried it just right now (with version 2020.3, build 2540), and everything works like a charm. Login is OK, and also I could request password reset - e-mail was sent immediately.

By the way, did you check spam/junk folder of your e-mail inbox? That reset password e-mail could go there.