Login fails

I do not know what I am doing wrong:

I have an account on https://www.vipm.io/ where I can log in.

I have VIPM installed and it was just recently automatically updated.

I am able to install i2 JSON for 2018-64

I am not able to log in for "community" or "free" status. When I choose in the new window "Use existing JKI account" I get an error message, when using the account data for www.vipm.io. I also get an error when choosing "Sing up for a new JKI account". When pressing "Forgot your password?" an new tab in the browser opens where I can write my mail address and it tells me that an email was sent. However, I nether get the mail, nor is it gone to my spam folder.

What can I do to solve this. I rely in my largest project on the OpenG lib and the MGI lib, which was not a problem to install in previous time.

Best regards

Wolfgang Kilian

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Yes exactly I also was able to download another library which did not need the login!

I had just a phone call with an internal IT guy where he looked if he sees the login request coming via the proxy or not. And... this login request does not follow the network settings as specified in the VIPM Network Options but rather wants to go straight to the internet (which for sure is not possible when sitting behind a firewall). We will try more next week...

I have the same problem now, irritating as hell. Having paying customers is of course the optimal for JKI, but it still seems silly to chase everyone over to alternative solutions. It is the adoption rate after all that makes the platform interesting for package publishers. And now that we are all forced to register to download even the open source projects proper logon functionality has become critical. Please support every user, and fix the connection issues.

• Like 1

The error log shows an authentication issue for the server, so probably a certificate that needs to be updated or something? By temporarily accepting this in our firewall we got through...Should definitely be fixed on the server side though, with all LabVIEW 2020 users trying to use it and most of them probably having firewalls blocking the process.

=========== START of VIPM 2020.0.0 (build 2302) Error Message ===========
An internal VIPM 2020.0.0 (build 2302) Error has occured on: tirsdag juni 23, 2020 at 03:50:11 p.m.

= Automated Message Start = 
Error 363507 occurred at 487489412C8DC88F1BC985B0C2BD11EC:600004
Possible reason(s):
LabVIEW: (Hex 0x58BF3) LabVIEW could not verify the authenticity of the server.

Complete call chain:
     487489412C8DC88F1BC985B0C2BD11EC:600004
     JKI_API.lvclass:LogIn_Parse_API.vi
     MainUI.vi
     3DDDEADAB56AD7591191154923B491E0
     VIPM Main Window.vi
= Automated Message End =

= Error Handler Call Chain Start =
    VIPM Main Window.vi->
    3DDDEADAB56AD7591191154923B491E0->
    MainUI.vi
= Error Handler Call Chain End =
=========== END of VIPM 2020.0.0 (build 2302) Error Message ===========

Edited by Mads Toppe

I confirm it works when I connect to the Internet using mobile hotspot instead of company network. Which is inconvenient because my laptop won't let me do it if it can find a company Wi-Fi network.

Dear JKI Team, it looks like a bug and I think we have already provided enough information so it can be fixed :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm running into the same server authenticity problem with VIPM 2020.3 on Windows 10 version 20H2. After attempting to login, this message is displayed:

image.png.3c20dbce2750e95b2d3151099ee3a57d.png

I've tried both VIPM and JKI forum credentials, and from a number of different internet connections without any luck. I also tried disabling IPv6, which was a solution to NI's NIPM activation troubles.

The error log is below.

=========== START of VIPM 2020.3 (build 2540) Error Message ===========
An internal VIPM 2020.3 (build 2540) Error has occured on: Monday December 13, 2021 at 02:19:34 PM

= Automated Message Start = 
Error 363507 occurred at B2F43CEC50DFD8C4DDA9104A78441D16:2770004
Possible reason(s):
LabVIEW: (Hex 0x58BF3) LabVIEW could not verify the authenticity of the server.

Complete call chain:
     B2F43CEC50DFD8C4DDA9104A78441D16:2770004
     JKI_API.lvclass:LogIn_Parse_API.vi
     MainUI.vi
     VIPM Main Window.vi
= Automated Message End =

= Error Handler Call Chain Start =
    VIPM Main Window.vi->
    MainUI.vi
= Error Handler Call Chain End =
=========== END of VIPM 2020.3 (build 2540) Error Message ===========

Anything else I can try? I'm looking to activate VIPM with the community edition license and trial a few build options.