Build Doesn't Work

I'm trying (and failing) to build a package for my Y Controls.  When I run the VIPB file, sometimes it aborts claiming that a file or files are missing; but the files aren't actually missing and they aren't dependencies of Y Controls.  Sometimes when I run it, I get no errors, but also no output.  I would appreciate any suggestions.

Y Controls.zip

• Like 1

Hi @Paul Cardinale

We've had some success reproducing and isolating the issue.

Knowledge Base: [18867] VI Packages cannot be built if their hierarchy contains VIs stored under the LabVIEW\help folder (results in Missing VIs error)

There's a potential workaround (see the KB entry above) and also this should be fixed in VIPM 2020.3, which will be released soon. Let me know if you'd like to help test 2020.3.

-Jim

I fixed the missing filest problem, but now I get error 1357.
Furthermore, dealing with your website is about as pleasant as removing lug nuts with my teeth.
It always rejects my login.  The only way I can get it is to reset my password.  But then the next time I try to login, it rejects me again.
(Also, your anti-robot feature is awfully annoying.)  And to top it all off, your "Contact Us" link always leads to "Page Not Found".
Your product is broken.  Your website is broken.  Your contact link is broken.  How on Earth do you stay in business?

e.png

Hi Paul (@Paul Cardinale)

Thanks for all the honest feedback. I'm sorry there have been so many problems -- I can see it's frustrating, and I'll do my best to help.

> I fixed the missing files problem, but now I get error 1357.

I'm glad missing files problem is resolved. Thanks for reporting that. We've created a knowledge base entry for it and have already fixed the issue in VIPM 2020 SP3 which should be released soon -- let me know if you'd like to try it out early.

Regarding error 1357, @kosist just posted something similar and I replied with a work-around and just created a knowledge base entry describing the issue and work-arounds. Basically, the issue is that each lvclass should be put into its own custom destination if it contains VIs with same names (such as dynamic dispatch method VIs).

> Furthermore, dealing with your website is about as pleasant as removing lug nuts with my teeth.
> It always rejects my login.  The only way I can get it is to reset my password.  But then the next time I try to login, it rejects me again.

I've seen this before. When you sign in to the discussion forums, you need to user your display name "Paul Cardinale" as your username (not your email address). This has caused many people a lot of confusion, because it's not very intuitive.

image.png

> (Also, your anti-robot feature is awfully annoying.)

Totally. At some point I think computers are going to outsmart us all. Yet, we continue to make them smarter...

> And to top it all off, your "Contact Us" link always leads to "Page Not Found".

Oh, OK. Which page has the broken "contact us" link? I've just poked around and I can't seem to find the broken link.

> Your product is broken.  Your website is broken.  Your contact link is broken.  How on Earth do you stay in business?

It makes sense you're frustrated.  To answer your question literally, it's hard to stay in business developing and providing technical support for a free product (VIPM Free and VIPM Community Editions).  There is a paid/professional version of VIPM Pro for teams with a lot of great features, and JKI also offer consulting services and training around LabVIEW.'

Also, we're very interested to learn more about the problems and fix them, so thanks for not giving up. We'll do our best to get you going...